The Pythian Temple was built as a clubhouse for the Order of Knights of Pythias, a fraternal organization founded
in Washington during the Civil War. In the forties the Pythians leased space to Decca Records, who created an acoustically renowned music recording studio in it. In 1954, Bill Haley & The Comets recorded here Rock Around the Clock. The Pythian Temple was converted into luxury condominiums in 1982.